Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Blender problem settings

Need to know folks; (I am studing bender)
When I bring up Bender. it display a graph with the location of camera, lamp, etc-etc.. The graph is set up in grids per inch(not sure to say pexal or inch here). The pictorial shown in my bender manual shows a different scale of grids, which causes me to lose sight of what the manual is trying to tell me.
I want to resize the grid layout so that what the pictorial shows and what I have on my screen is match up.
Is there a way to re-scale displayed graph to the same grid pattern :question:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
i'm guessing that you are on about the grid which can be altered by using the menu
view > view properties
on that dialogue box you have the grid settings on the top left and spacing will alter the distance between the grid lines.

if this doesn't help tell me the page on the manual you are working from.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Konnichic Wa (hello) and Very much thanks, I will try it tomorrow after I get some good sleep and then let you know one way or another, me forum friend. THANK YOU

"ONE DAY I ARE THE NEWBIE, TOMORROW I ARE THE PROFESSOR" :grin: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hay FH; wanted to get back with you & tell you that you gave me enough INFO to get it to work & learn a bit more to on how to control the grids, very much thanks.

Wanted to ask if you have time about something in the same area of bender control problems, maybe you can help?

It seems that when I try to move the lamp or camera, I am managing to move the square cube out of place to where I wanted it. The round cusor , I can get it back in place with no problem. Is there a way to move the camera or the lamp without moving the cube???

What I am doing is setting up four screens; top view, camera view, front view & side view. (according to the manual) I am working on creating & working with Viewports practice.
:idea: Any Ideas Here :idea:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
if you want to move the camera or lamp, right click on them first to select them. then you can use left click to move them.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hay FH;
I take it you mean right click then left click & hold to move either the camera or lamp, yes!!!
" THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP", to learn this stuff is a long time dream. Again thanks. :smile:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hay FH; I need a bit of reassurance Hope I am not barking down the wrong tree?
Am I going to be able to create my own art with bender like draw a picture of a hand waving or two hands folding and opening up in motion?
talk care DC. :grin:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
this sounds like you are doing 2D art? i'm not so sure that any dcc application is the best choice for that. if you want to animate a 3D hand then you can do it with blender, but it won't be simple. with 3ds max bones would be used to rig the hand, but i have no idea how to set that up in blender.
i did find a detailed hand here, there are more detailed hands on this site, but this should do if you decide to attempt some animation...

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks FH., I will check it out while I warch "Dune". You last comment got me a bit tiggle "should do if you decide to attempt some animation", sound like somerhing off of Mission Impossable.

Your right I am starting to get into mesh more or less doing a bit of exploring different things Bender has to offer. I am very much looking foward to doing things like opening hands. I would like to create a hand that is pointing as if flying thru space with a flame behind it. they had one in the Heavy Metal movie many years ago. Right now All I want bender to do for me is to create a stick man that walks across the screen. To me that much would be a major accomplishment
I need this program to help make senic I have in my book I have been writing for five years, some of my book reasonly was stolen when someone stole my laptop out of my truck that I use to write with. Now I have to create the last chapter from memory and use animated art to do it and see if I can get me another laptop to finish the book. One of the thing that I need to make is a three tara transparant water fall with a sphere on top all made out of gliddering water flowing.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
its far from mission impossible - animators do it everyday. but there is a lot to grasp, because you'll first need to rig the mesh using bones system. this involves each bone controlling the correct amount of the mesh. the image below is from 3dsmax4.2.

i have 4 bones controlling this leg and the second bone is in full control of the red areas and has no control on the blue areas. the varying colours are areas where the control falls off. so the first controls the thigh and the third controls the foot and the fourth the toes.
i then limit the movement of the bones so that when i move the controller at the end the leg doesn't move into break positions.

that white spike is the controller and as you can see i've moved it into an unnatural position, but the foot doesn't follow it because of the limits i've placed on the bones.

then you need to start animating. a hand would be easier to animate, because balance isn't required. to get a mesh to walk properly you need to have it looking balanced while doing so. tricky, because it is so in real life.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I
think I see what you mean. Looks like I have a long way to go my friend, but you have give me something to challenge myself. Got find a waay to pay down a bit at a time on a laptop to work on the story while I create continue working on my artwork learning.

Many thanks again for helping me. Think I will go see what's going on with Glas/deck/EB/Sinc for a moment and then jump back on bender study.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.