Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have got a belkin wireless g notebook card for my laptop, it has been working for 4 months and all of a sudden the other day it stopped receiving packets.it will send no problem but will not recieve a thing.
i have checked all the settings that i know.would appreciate any help because i am totally confussed as to why this has happened.
thanks bob

·
Citizen of the world
51,151 Posts
Have you checked with an unencrypted network to see if it works there? Perhaps simply reconfiguring the adapter will do the trick. First step is to connect using a cable and make sure that basic networking works. Then, disable encryption on the router and see if you can connect that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks very much but i cannot use a cable on this laptop have tried reseting the router and taking out encryption but it still will not work properly??????
thanks again

·
Citizen of the world
51,151 Posts
Why can't you use a cable on the laptop? What make/model is the machine?

·
Citizen of the world
51,151 Posts
With encryption disabled on the router, what indications do you get in the wireless connection? You also didn't mention the version/patch level of Windows in use on the machine. Are you using the Belkin wireless client, or Windows Zero Configuration client?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.