Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a geforce 4 Ti card. I have used a video editing program called Premiere 6.5 to create some video footage. Now what I want to do is get this on to VHS videotape.

I'm not sure if I need to buy a seperate piece of hardware to convert the footage from Premiere to analogue, or whether my Geforce card will do this.

I understand that the Geforce card has a TV out socket on it so I don't know if this will do the trick or not.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do.

Thanks for any advice.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
The video out might work but you might need to do some fiddling first before it works. You see, often times when you try and use video out to play video, all you will get is a black box where the video would normally play on a regular screen. I have not had enough experience in this area to tell you for sure, but I think it might have something to do with Windows Media Player, so you might be able to do this with an alternative player, such as Quick Time, which I have seen work before with video out.

In order to get it to work you will need to

1. Set up the video out so that it is plugged into the input on your VCR

2. Get your video ready to play in fullscreen mode in some kind of media player

3. Hit 'record' on your VCR

4. After waiting a few seconds to make sure the tape has made it to the magnetic part of the tape, start the video playing on your computer.

If this doesn't work then it is probably because of the issue I noted before with the media players.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
sorry for the delayed response, I was away on vacation...

Anyway, when I tried to view video with the TV out, all I got was a black box where the video should have been (the Windows Media Player window but with the said black box). I did, however, get a game to work correctly, and it displayed fairly well, except for the fact that the image was fuzzy and it was very hard to make out any text. This may have been due to the fact that the TV I tried it on was a couple of years old and probably not made for that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem with avs from winamp. I have a GE-Force 4800 TI SE. How to fix it:

Go to your control panel and open your display settings. Go to configuration and click advanced. Click on Ge-force settings and a screen will apear next to your display settings. Click on nView and select as decondary device "TV". now in the screen "Overlay Settings" you can select as "Fullscreen device" your tv.

Open your Media player, game or what so ever and voila watch a movie on your tv and still use youre computer to do some other stuff.

I have a beamer with only a TV input. I can now run AVS on the beamer and still use my computer to do some other things.
Also Quake3 is very very very nice to play on a screen of 3×2 Meters :) :)

Greetz, Fossalta

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.