Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me brainstorm some possible solutions here.

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790-DQ6 with 2 SATA drives in RAID 0 plugged into the GSATA ports on the South Bridge. Drivers for this RAID controller are not fully updated.

I then have 3 SATA drives in a JBOD array plugged into the ESATA ports on the North Bridge. The controller for the North Bridge has the latest drivers (from the Gigabyte site). PROBLEM: The controller will no longer load when anything is plugged in (= can't get past BIOS).

If I set the North Bridge in IDE mode, BIOS will freeze on "detecting IDE drives..." it will however manage to get past this if I unplug all the drives from the North Bridge.

If I set the North Bridge in RAID mode, the RAID controllers will not load up at all (it resets with no warning when it gets to scanning for hard drives), and I have to reset my CMOS to get to BIOS setup (setup comes after the RAID controllers load up).

I can't think of any ways to fix this.. if anyone has any ideas? (I've probably gone through a bunch of them already, but try please :D).

Thanks in advance for all help.

PS: I don't think it's the drives. Cause there are 3 (including a very new one), so the chances of all 3 failing at the same time should be very small.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just successfully hotswapped one of the above hard drives with the controller in IDE mode while in Windows. Worked fine but obviously hoping for a better long-term solution to this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.