Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I boot my computer I get Beep Beep Beep, then it continues to boot. I am not sure if these three beeps are an "everything is ok" or a "warning three minutes to nuclear meltdown". My system specs are bellow.

Asus P4C800 Deluxe Bios 1010
Intel P4 2.4Ghz 800Mhz
2 x Samsung DDR 400 MHz
Western Digital 120 GB JB HD
Creative Audigy 2
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Thanks for the help in advanced.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thought something was wrong too - but...

What you are hearing is not a POST error but the number of USB devices you have connected. Try removing one or two and see how many beeps you get. Should only be one. Had one plugged in and through my ram wasn't posting - ram memtest86 and did in fact have a bad stick but the beeps weren't related to the memory - replaced the stick and ran memtest - got a clean bill of health - but the thing still beeped. - Somewhere in the manual is a explaination - haven't looked at the BIOS settings to see if the beep can be disabled. You don't have a problem - although the beep is pretty annoying esp when you have multiple devices connected at startup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha ha... Thats funny. It makes sence because my keyboard and mouse are on USB... Thanks... Why would they do that?? 3 beeps usually meens memory error for most bios... Yikes! I was scared for a bit. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an old Dial Up expression we used to use when I worked at an ISP for modems... "The sound may be annoying now... But when it's gone you will miss it..."

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Kevlar Studios said:
Ha ha ha... Thats funny. It makes sence because my keyboard and mouse are on USB... Thanks... Why would they do that?? 3 beeps usually meens memory error for most bios... Yikes! I was scared for a bit. :winkgrin:
Hi Kevlar Studios, welcome to the forums !!!
I think it beeps because it wants to let you know that all of the attached USB devices are alive and functioning without problems...as to why they made is similar to bios beep codes, no clue :confused: anyways, hope you like the forums !!! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Merlin. Just a question. It says you are admin. Did you do design of page? if not who did? I just had a sudgestion. Everything looks really good except for the title. The rounded edges just doesn't go with the theme.. I would go with something sharp and have a motion blur... If you want I could make something up in photoshop.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
hmm

well, im not sure, but i think danrak is the one in charge of the graphics.

you might try sending him a private message.

~BoB~

·
Registered
37 Posts
If the floor of your case has a speaker attached to it, disconnect the speaker from the mobo (mother board)

S

·
0 Posts
That's a good solution. Kind of like if you get a flat on your car just take the tires off and throw them away, Wallah no more flats.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Yup, danrak is the main dude 'round here. I mostly snoop around and look for people behaving badly and posting in wrong forums. You know, keep it clean and stuff :D :tongue2:

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
aww

c'mon speedo, tires are more needed than a PC's pc speaker...

what i did was take the speaker out, and i hooked the turbo led to blink when it would have beeped.
(thats cos my machine's case is old enough to have a turbo light)

but it means i dont have to hear the stupid beep, i can see them...

~BoB~

S

·
0 Posts
The point I'm trying to get across is that it's there for a reason.

Not just to beep willy nilly but to tell you that something is right or wrong. comprender.................:D

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
yeah

sort of like the oil light then.

i have seen people take the bulb out, rather than add oil.

i wasnt trying to be mean or snide though speedo, i was just mentioning that a car wont go without tires, but a pc will run without a pc speaker.

but absolutely, its there for a good reason, if it was only there for game sounds, they would have thrown it out when the soundcard was invented. some mobo's have a speaker on the pc board (pc being printed circuit in this case) and some only have an led...

mine has an led now, and i love it

~BoB~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.