Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

im not sure im in the right forum, if no sorry in advance. Sometimes I hear an alarm sound while playing games that need a lot from my computer. Usually it happens after 5 mins i start playing. I figured it was my video card that could be overheating, so i opened my box and put a fan shooting in it, with more or less good results. The alarm sound stops if i minimize my screen (that's what made me think that it could be the video card). sometimes i can hear my fan make more noise a little before the alarm sound. My specs are,

-1 gig of ram
-windows XP home edition
- ati x700 pro 256mb
- 80gig sata hard drive
- P4 3.2 ghz, abit uGuru motherboard.

Anyone had that problem or know what it could be? If you reply try to keep it easy or at least clear, english isnt my primary language and when it comes to computer i can be a little noob :)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Doman64
Welcome :smile:
Your Abit uGuru utility may be able to tell what is beeping and why. That utility is to monitor your system temperatures. Since your system isn't crashing, it may be a warning beep that things are getting hot. Do you know which fan is running faster before the beeps?

You may want to add an extra cooling fan or faster cooling fan or upgrade a cooling device. Tell us what fans you have running now in your system. Tell us where they are located and if they blow in or out and their sizes and speeds if you know them. uGuru may be able to help you with the speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome :smile:

I installed the utility and I found out that my processor is going over 167F when it starts beeping and after looking out the settings the alarm is set at 167F. So I guess the problem is that my fan on my processor isnt good enough. You got a suggestion by any chance of what i could do or what i could buy?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.