Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. I hate the beeps that my HP DC5800 produces often ...

I completely deactivated the system speaker, and set the windows sounds theme to "No Sounds" ...... as you can see in the capture of this windows xp sp3 pro.

it is still beeping! anything I missed ?

Attachments

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,120 Posts
The System Speaker in the Case would be the only thing that Beeps. And you actually want it to beep when you first start your computer, this tells you that everything POST'd and all the hardware is good. There shouldn't be any other beeps after that unless there is an error with the hardware. (that's why you want to keep the speaker attached) Of course you can unplug the system speaker from the motherboard if it bothers you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The System Speaker in the Case would be the only thing that Beeps. And you actually want it to beep when you first start your computer, this tells you that everything POST'd and all the hardware is good. There shouldn't be any other beeps after that unless there is an error with the hardware. (that's why you want to keep the speaker attached) Of course you can unplug the system speaker from the motherboard if it bothers you.
MS Tech Team ?

it bothers me much as it beeps way too often.

it beeps every time I take the volume up or down....

it beeps every time you click on a non-active window hidden behind an active one.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,120 Posts
the actions you are speaking of would be the Default Beep sound in the sound scheme that you have disabled. Unless the system speaker has taken it over? In your Sound Max icon in your system tray, is there a scheme for sounds there?
You can also Boot into the Setup (Bios) and disable the System Speaker or unplug it from the motherboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.