Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very bizarre problem with the game Battlefield 2:

I played Battlefield 2 for several weeks with no problems. Then, all of a sudden, I could only run Battlefield 2 successfully once per computer restart. This means that I could run BF2 normally, but after quitting if I try to run it again I get the windows XP "BF2 needs to close" error every time. Restarting the computer allows to run BF2 once until I have to restart again.

This problem seems especially bizarre because BF2 works flawlessly the first time. After that (until a system restart) it's a no-go.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
-Reinstall game
-End background processes before running

My specs
Pentium 4 800 FSB 3.0GHz CPU with HT
2.0GB Corsair XM2 667mhz DDR2 RAM
Intel 945P-A v1.1 Motherboard
FSP 600W ATX12v PSU
200GB Maxtor SATA Hard drive
ATI Radeon 256MB X1300 Video Card

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
It sounds like the game might still be running even after you've closed it. I've had a couple of games do that to me. When you close the game, open up Task Manager and see if you can find the game process. If it's there, end it and try running the game again.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is legit; I use the same CD/DVD (not sure which one it is) that came with and do not have any No-CD Cracks or any other types of non-EA modifications. I do have a 3rd party mod installed, but these are supported by EA and the problem was happening before the download and installation of the mod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a very bizarre problem with the game Battlefield 2:

I played Battlefield 2 for several weeks with no problems. Then, all of a sudden, I could only run Battlefield 2 successfully once per computer restart. This means that I could run BF2 normally, but after quitting if I try to run it again I get the windows XP "BF2 needs to close" error every time. Restarting the computer allows to run BF2 once until I have to restart again.

This problem seems especially bizarre because BF2 works flawlessly the first time. After that (until a system restart) it's a no-go.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
-Reinstall game
-End background processes before running

My specs
Pentium 4 800 FSB 3.0GHz CPU with HT
2.0GB Corsair XM2 667mhz DDR2 RAM
Intel 945P-A v1.1 Motherboard
FSP 600W ATX12v PSU
200GB Maxtor SATA Hard drive
ATI Radeon 256MB X1300 Video Card
Hi, I have the same problem. Did you installed any patch(official)? I installed 1.4 patch and I think since then I can only play it once per restart. I hope someone from EA Games see this thread and make a new patch.

update: I've found the problem, it's about the screen resolution change. Here's how I fixed it:
1. Right click the shortcut, properties
2. In the target, change the "command line" and add "+szx (X) +szy (Y)" without the quotes, where (X) is the width of your screen and (Y) is the height of the screen.
You may need to see this:http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.