Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I seem to have got this problem with a game, it only seems to be this game, you put the game in the dvd drive and it seems to be reading the disc for ever, sometimes if you take the disc out while its reading it and reload it, it will load quicker ?
you can just hear the drive running like its reading it but just doesnt load the game option, any ideas.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean the latest drivers for my dvd player. No is the answer, only because other games load ok ? I do clean my disc before putting it into the drive, but will check for scratches closely. It just seems strange that when you take it out and then reload it seems to load quicker.Its almost like it is confused when reading the disc, it cant find the initial load.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The Firmware is like a BIOS for your drive, unlike a driver which is used by windows. Like a motherboard BIOS too, if you install the wrong one, then you'll probably be buying new hardware shortly thereafter. Your system information will give you the model number and manufacturer in order to find the right one.

I can't think of anything else that might be wrong so it might be worth taking the disk back to the retailer and getting a new one. Try this first before flashing your firmware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.