Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is this. When i try to play the PC game Battlefield 2 , my Pc will freeze and go into an "infintie loop". This is the message that appears when the game freezes and goes to a blue screen telling me of the error. Does this have to do anything with my graphich display settings? Do i need to change the settings in order for the game to run smooth? Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The error i get is :
"The Problem seems to be caused by the following file - ATI2dvag
The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates problems with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly."

When i play the game in single player mode i can usually get in and play it. On multiplayer it freezes during the list of rooms page. But while it loads single player a message comes up saying "Optimizing Shaders for the best performance on your system. This occurs each time video settings are changed." Maybe i have to change the settings on my computer, like the shaders? Im not really sure how to do this.
My PC is Microsoft xp Professional Version 2002 service pack 2. I tried lowing the screen resolution and the color quality but that didn't seem to work. I used to be able to play this game with my current video card. I just put in a new hard drive and uploaded my ATI cd so i have all the same stuff as before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The error i get is :
"The Problem seems to be caused by the following file - ATI2dvag
The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates problems with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly."

When i play the game in single player mode i can usually get in and play it. On multiplayer it freezes during the list of rooms page. But while it loads single player a message comes up saying "Optimizing Shaders for the best performance on your system. This occurs each time video settings are changed." Maybe i have to change the settings on my computer, like the shaders? Im not really sure how to do this.
My PC is Microsoft xp Professional Version 2002 service pack 2. I tried lowing the screen resolution and the color quality but that didn't seem to work. I used to be able to play this game with my current video card. I just put in a new hard drive and uploaded my ATI cd so i have all the same stuff as before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool thx for the help i updated my windows to service pack 3..was at pack 2... seemed to help it form going to blue screen.. and i did a couple of video card updates.. thanks for assistance

·
Registered
TSF Emeritus
20,461 Posts
You're welcome. Let us know if the issue comes back. Keep an eye on it for maybe a week and if everything is still okay, pls. Mark this Thread SOLVED under Thread Tools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.