Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my game battlefield 2 craches every time i start in multiplayer. now when i installed the map pack for it it just exit the game when i try to play one of the new maps. just now when i tried to play the map again it crash. help please :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2666 MHz, and thats it thatt i found important. dude your everest thing rocks to the max! it show you more than the box!
is there anything else i should look for?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
First, go get your latest videocard drivers, find them in my signature.

Second, you're processor states Pentium 3 Xeon but from my understanding P3 and Xeon are different processors. Please download CPUZ and tell us what it says your CPU is.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Xeon is the brand name for a bunch of the older x86 Intel CPU's. Given that you have a Pentium 3, I doubt it can handle BF2. Battlefield 2 requires a minimum of a P4. If you're going to play the game properly, then you're going to have to upgrade I'm afraid.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
He has a point, even if you managed to get the game running multiplayer, it will be very laggy.

Upgrading your CPU may be challanging, but you may post questions in the Hardware forum for help.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Well online will be harsh for your system, with up to 64 players (And many of them are always that high) such a slow processor having to compute that many people is insane.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.