Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I instailled battfeild 2 and when it was all done it wouldent let me start it up saying "please insert a battfeild 2 disk". But every time i put a disk in a got this error

Error Loading ldamfilt.dll
The Specifed module can not be found

I tryed uninstailling it and re instailling but when i put hte dist in it game me the same error :4-dontkno

any help would be great

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Open Explorer and see if you can find ldamfilt.dll
If it's not there, you might have a faulty CD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:|

I went back and got exchange it for another disk. And this one is doing the same thing :4-dontkno
and how do you search for it?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
It's unlikely that 2 CDs will be faulty. I think ldamfilt.dll is something to do with Windows Media Player. Try reinstalling that. The game must be trying to play a video before starting the game and is having problems with WMP.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
found something interesting here:

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Media/microsoft.public.windowsmedia/2004-09/0003.html

this guy got a similar problem and as stated its got to have something to do with windows media player.

that would mean that your just missing the dll and its not on your system, but it needs to be there to start bf2.

Maybe dowload windows media player 9 and install it and see if it works then.

the only other way to fix this is try to find it online but i couldnt find a just downloadable dll. did this happen with any other cd's ? if so try to throw in your windows disk and see if u can grab it from there. If not the internets big and there might be a solution somewhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.