Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my computer recently started displaying the message that I should consider replacing my battery. This is most probably true as I have, to my shame, overcharged my laptop quite a lot.

However, since this message appeared, my computer has been continuously automatically lowering the maximum limit for volume in iTunes (but only iTunes, not the overall system volume). Whilst I can change this in the mixer manually, it's becoming quite annoying. Any idea how to resolve this, or if it is even linked to the battery replacement message?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it happens with or without the charger, and even after I've manually changed the volume back it will revert to quiet again when I perform actions like plug in my iPod to charge.

I've also noticed it happens when I open other applications that require audio not produced by the computer itself (for instance, the 'Plugin Container for Firefox" that controls the volume for Youtube videos).

·
Registered
380 Posts
oh..k..try to use the laptop only on charger..i.e..remove the battery & connect only the charger & try to use it..also try to update the audio drivers & try alternate battery from any friend or relative if possible..also post the make,model & model #..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, it seems this was actually a problem of my computer thinking it was connecting to my phone for a call and automatically quieting itself, so problem solved, it seems!

Thanks anyway, Smit :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.