Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a Acer Aspire 9304WSMi 3 months ago and a battery extra because the previous battery the laptop had was not working . I just start to use the new one(Battery) but it seems that it's not charging .When I plug the charging it start to charge for few sec then it stops. How can I know if the battery is working or not? and is there a way to know if it's not the battery not good or a part of a hardware .

Thanks

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The unit should still be under warranty. I would suggest contacting the retailer or Acer.
Will the laptop run on battery power? If not, the battery is not charged.
If it will run on AC only, battery removed, the AC adapter is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The laptop is a second hand , and yes the AC runs without the battery ?Is there some kind of code in the cmd that lets you check what hardware is not running/broken?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Is the AC adapter original or is it an aftermarket model. Using the incorrect adapter can easily damage the battery.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,520 Posts
Is the battery original or replacement battery?

·
14,520 Posts

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Good suggestion. It is always preferable to use manufacturer parts on OEM equipment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i disagree. from my experience, replacement laptop batteries work just fine and they have at least a 1 year warranty in contrast to original batteries which usually have a 3 months warranty.

Use this software to discover what's wrong with your battery:
BatteryCare

From your story it sound like you did not use the extra battery for 3 months, if that's correct and if the extra battery was initially depleted - this might have caused it not to work.

·
14,520 Posts
i disagree. from my experience, replacement laptop batteries work just fine and they have at least a 1 year warranty in contrast to original batteries which usually have a 3 months warranty.

Use this software to discover what's wrong with your battery:
BatteryCare

From your story it sound like you did not use the extra battery for 3 months, if that's correct and if the extra battery was initially depleted - this might have caused it not to work.
I would doubt you have bought nearly as many as I have because they seldom fit physically and never have much life to them. 3 lack of use would mean absolutely nothing to a good battery as well. Lets agree not to steer the user wrong here!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.