Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off, I'm a newbie....please be gentle!!

So, here's the story... My puppy jumped on my dining room table to look for scraps that my daughter may have left behind. On her (the puppy) way down, she realized she had to pee. She stood on my Gateway notebook and did her business. The notebook was closed, but powered on. My wife and I didn't notice until later in the day.

Anyway, I cleaned off the top and went to shut it down...NOTHING happened. I went to type in the security password...nothing. So, I powered if off and proceeded to clean the rest of the computer. I took out the disk drive, hard drive and battery. I tried to get the rest of the case off, but couldn't. Only two tiny drops of urine were on two of the circuit boards inside...at least from what I could see. I dried it up with a paper towel. I also used a can of compressed air for any unseen urine. I let the computer dry out overnight.

I turned on the computer and 4 lights came on, but nothing else happened.. So, I took out the battery again..because I could not turn off the power. I tried again, except I hit the Ctrl/Alt buttons and the computer started to boot...then it stopped and powered off. I was able to take a picture (not a very good one) to see what the error code was...real time clock error. I have found either it's the CMOS battery or the motherboard. Does anyone else have any ideas and suggestions? The notebook is about 8 months old, so I really don't want to go buy another one just yet.

Thanks for any and all input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.