Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old computer is dying soon, and I was thinking to make a low budget one with ryzen 3 (ryzen 3, a320m, 8Gb ddr4, ubuntu 64bit). That will be my first build. Hence, the basic question:

I read somewhere in amazon users review, I don't know it's true or not, one guy was saying, ryzen 3 has no graphics processor, hence it won't display anything without the support of a gpu.

Now I don't game, not currently. My main work is on browser and I'm learning webdeveloping too. Seldom I use some vector/raster/image editing softwares just like I did in my old computer which never had a gpu (intel core2duo, 4gb ddr2). I don't need a gpu really at this moment.

So is that true? Does it only work with a gpu?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ryzen 3 doesn't have an integrated GPU.
All intels do?

My old core2duo can run everything except games and 3d-rendering in 3d softwares. Hope intel's latest products can do more than that without a gpu? Like G4560 or i3-6098p?

·
TSF Enthusuast
110 Posts
Very few Intel's models don't.
Back in the old days the P at the end meant there was no iGPU, and nowadays it means there is a slower iGPU.
G4560 is a small beast.

·
Team Manager - Networking, Moderator - Hardware
19,836 Posts
Just because it's not part of the cpu, doesn't mean that you can't get a motherboard with an integrated video chipset. You could even use an older video card as your requirements are low. It all boils down to price (ie: motherboard with integrated chipset vs motherboard + video card).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very few Intel's models don't.
Back in the old days the P at the end meant there was no iGPU, and nowadays it means there is a slower iGPU.
G4560 is a small beast.
Yeah I'm going for G4560 :cool:

Just because it's not part of the cpu, doesn't mean that you can't get a motherboard with an integrated video chipset. You could even use an older video card as your requirements are low. It all boils down to price (ie: motherboard with integrated chipset vs motherboard + video card).
Recommend me a few please. Thank you.

you can get GPU's that will more than suit what you need for around £23
Can recommend me few please? Thank you.

I'm starting a new relevant thread about the parts I decided to get. Input there too if you want. Thanks all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/review-advise-my-first-build-1207385.html

·
Team Manager - Networking, Moderator - Hardware
19,836 Posts
I've had good luck with Asus and Gigabyte. I've also used a few other brands without issue.

As for which board, browse newegg by socket type and look for models with a video chipset.

It's mostly a matter of brand preference (if any), which features or options that you want/need, and price.

If you want to see proven hardware, look at the recommended builds sticky.

As for video cards, the cheapest card that has an output which matches your monitor input (ie: VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP). Seriously, any card can handle office apps/browsing at 1080P without any issues.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had good luck with Asus and Gigabyte. I've also used a few other brands without issue.

As for which board, browse newegg by socket type and look for models with a video chipset.

It's mostly a matter of brand preference (if any), which features or options that you want/need, and price.

If you want to see proven hardware, look at the recommended builds sticky.

As for video cards, the cheapest card that has an output which matches your monitor input (ie: VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP). Seriously, any card can handle office apps/browsing at 1080P without any issues.
I also chose Asus. Maybe I will get a 1050 later.
Thank you for your input. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.