Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Farmprogress:
"Jun 15, 2021 to Jun 17, 2021. A devastating March freeze dealt a severe blow to South Carolina’s peach crop. South Carolina Department of Agriculture reports the state will have just 10 to 15 percent of its normal peach production this year. This marks the worst South Carolina peach crop in 10 years, since the Easter freeze of 2007 destroyed 90 percent of the crop with close to $1 billion in crop damage across the region."

Even though we get out of state peaches, they are selling out very quickly and we're not able to enjoy not only the fruit, but all the stuff we can make with it.

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,365 Posts
Can't remember the last time I had a really good peach. The ones that are sold in our supermarkets are rubbish, and almost never properly ripe.

I did eat some fabulous peaches, fresh from the tree, way back in the late 1970s, when we were trading in Israel, and they were just in a class of their own. Also had some really good ones from a market in Cape Town, when we were trading down in South Africa a year or so later.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We get great ones all summer. In the winter they come from Chile and taste like the ones you describe so are not worth buying. An interesting fact. In a normal season we in S.C. produce more peaches than the Peach State , Georgia.

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,365 Posts
I can believe that. I've visited S.C. a few times, and the fruit and veg there were always plentiful and of great quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts