Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished putting together my own computer a few months ago and have had a lot of problems. I thought they had all been solved until I began getting blue screens almost everyday, typically the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL one. Also, occasionally a red 'block' will appear and cover up about 1/3rd of the screen in the upper-left corner with the computer frozen and the last sound playing looping in the background; and sometimes the computer will just restart on it's own without warning. I recently checked the temps in my BIOS though and they seemed a little high; can anyone tell me if these temperatures are something to be concerned about?

CPU: 46 C/ 115 F
Board: 40 C/104 F
MCP: 56 C/133 F

Also, I decided to see if the RAM could be the reason for the bluescreens, so I ran Memtest86. The test found one error before the computer froze. The Windows Memory Diagnostic can not complete either; it always freezes before it reaches 20%.

I know that's a lot of issues in one post, but I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help me out here; I'm out of ideas.

specs:
Windows Vista SP1
Nvidia Nforce 780 SLI
(2) Nvidia 8800 GT
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @3.00 GHz
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.