Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly, apologies if this is an issue that's been dealt with elsewhere (if so, I'd appreciate a pointer - I couldn't find anything dealing with this specific problem through a keyword search).

I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 (which I installed some time ago, and didn't cause any problems that I noticed).

But recently, my computer turned itself off - and every time I turn it on, straight after startup I get a BSOD with the following details:

BAD_POOL_HEADER

STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xFEC94518, 0xFEC94620, 0x0A210001)

The system seems to run fine in safe mode, but I haven't been able to use any debugging programs, etc, 'cause I didn't have them installed before the crash, and I can't figure out how I can do install them within safe mode, which is the only way the system will run.

The only thing I've changed on the system recently is that I installed an update of MSN Live Messenger - but I've disabled automatic startup which hasn't made any difference; and I haven't been able to reinstall it b/c, again, I can't/don't know how to install/uninstall programs in safe mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also, do you have any recently added hardware or updated drivers? If so, try and disable or remove the hardware and try again. If its a driver update that you recently did, try and rollback the driver if you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.