Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"ll try to make this short as possible. I was backing up some DVD's and left my computer burning overnight. When I checked it the next morning the screen said the system had recover from fatal error. Windows update was downloading and F-secure was downloading while I was burning and backing up DVD's and left it that night. After this is when stuff started going wrong. When I run some programs like realplayer,nikon picture editor I get a BAD IMAGE ERROR and programs won't work right. I tried to load the DDS program to run a log but I get the following message when trying:
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
D.D.S.
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0dd9 IP:6116 OP 8f ff 78 bf 99 Choose 'close' to terminate the application.

I have ran Adware SE, F Secure, Windows One Care, Spybot/Destroy in normal and safemode. Removed some malware. Now on top of it my wallpaper only displays a red x. When I shut the system down the wallpaper will come back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
TSF-Emeritus
15,384 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps
link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/new-instructions-read-this-before-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.