Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I took my computer in to have it looked at because when I would boot up (win2k) it would take a long time to get to the splash screen then I would get a blue screen with an error, device driver could not be loaded hphid409.sys(i think) After diagnostics were ran on it I was told that the hard drive was bad. I bought a new HD(IBM Deskstar 60gig 7200) replaced the old(WD 20gig 7200) and now if I try to install win2k When the system gets to the spot to boot from the CD sometimes I will get the prompt to press enter to boot from the cd(maybe 2 out of 10) the rest of the time it will either hang at that point or give me an error about couldn't load ntldr press any key to restart? 1 time it started to install it did the system check then right after the press F? for RAID it will freeze then give me some error about a text file(I don't remember since I only saw it once and was about 3hrs into trying to get the system to load)please help!!:angry2:

G

·
Welcome to Tech Support Forums rtpick1198................:D

Sorry about the late reply.

Have you tried clearing the cmos?

And could you post a list of your hardware.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I looked around and it looks like the file hphid409.sys is for HP printers! Do you have a USB HP printer attached?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.