Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one bad cluster. Is there anyway to fix it? I don't think that it is a physical error, rather than just a weak magnetic signal. A low level format won't help will it?

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
A bad cluster to my knowledge is a bad spot in the actual physical hard disk and as far as I know there is no way to fix it you can still use the drive it just will be a little smaller. The only way I know to repair this is to replace it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing now. My computer was rebooting by itself all the time, giving me memory dump errors, and all kinds of crazy errors. So, I just deleted the partition. I was triple booting Win2k, Win XP and Win 98.

S

·
0 Posts
Boot to a Win 98 startup floppy and select start computer without CD-Rom support.

Run scandisk off of the floppy this will be the long version and it will mark the bad sectors so that Windows won't use them.........
:D

Take a look here .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I did that, and still it didn't work. But I did try to install win xp not win98. Oh well, I think that the disk might be under warranty anyway. I'll just buy another drive, wait till my old comes back, and have even more room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.