Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my RMA'd P4C800-E which suffered from problems waking from sleep (sporatic). Tech at Asus told me to RMA the board. Did that - after about a week received it from the vendor I purchased it from and plugged everything in - expecting something good but unfortunately - I didn't get video and received 4 beeps then nothing. Manual states that 4 beeps is "Motherboard Timer not Operational." Is this a function of the motherboard, BIOS or the CPU? Tried contacted ASUS today at 2:00 but was informed that Tech Support was busy and they would call back. Its 7:44 and they are now closed and I didn't receive a call back. Any suggestions or should I just return the board to NewEgg and get another one or is the processor bad? Since I didn't receive the ASUS welcome screen I'm assuming the board is bad but I could use some help. The processor was fine when I pulled it a week ago and it was sealed in the Intel case during the week. Also the video card worked fine and was basically new when I pulled it. Checked all the jumpers and they seem fine. Any help would be appreciated. Also checked the blob solder problem and its nonexistant on my board. Seems like Asus's Q/C is really going downhill as is their tech support line!

Thanks in advance.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
I thought that the timers were in the Winbond LPC chip, but it looks like they are in the ICH5R chip. I don't know if there are other timers too, probably are. Whatever way you slice it, it sounds like a problem with the mobo. This is pretty ridiculous.

-clintfan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Tried calling again this morning at 7:30 when they opened up - same response - techs were busy??!!! and would call back. Its 12:44 EST and they still haven't returned the call since 2:00 yesterday. Since its probably a motherboard issue - I returned by RMA to NewEgg this morning. What was also screwed up was the Firewire header - one wire wasn't connected to the pinout - so much for Q/C with ASUS! Fortunately NewEgg will send out a totally new kit within two days after receiving the old setup - hopefully the new one will work as it should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.