Tech Support banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ok, I am late to the party on this one but it is still driving me nutz and I admit that is a short put for me. I watch a lot of YT videos and take some pics & vids myself. What is the story with smart devices and cameras mirroring images? Why do the devices do it and how do they do it and is it something that can be controlled through some sort of setting on any sort of device (I have a 6th Gen iPad and an iPhone 8+ Product Red all upgraded the moment an upgrade is issued and an HP Win10 Pro laptop DV7 - also upgraded immediately). I find the mirroring annoying and I know I cannot do anything about other's posted vids but would like to at least control my own media and understand the why & how about the whole thing.

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,711 Posts
This may help with your Iphone

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It describes "jail breaking" my device - is this simply available on the App Store without having to do the whole "jail breaking" nonsense? I keep my devices completely updated so these JB things usually are already obsolete.

Also why do they do the whole mirroring thing in the first place?

WW

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't need to use the suggestion it was just that a suggestion google has a lot of different ideas to explore IE How to flip (or unflip) your iPhone selfies
You can explore any others you find here how to turn off selfie camera mirroring on iphone 8 - Google Search
I would not be taking selfies - I would be taking pics or vids of various things. Is there a way to turn the mirroring feature off/on without jailbreaking? What is the general purpose of the mirroring effect on the devices in general? Also how is it that the devices do it?

·
68,711 Posts
The purpose is to make it look like someone else has taken the shot.

Reactions: Corday

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That doesn't make sense. You would not need to have a backwards image to make it look like someone else took the video or pic. I am also still waiting to find out if there is a way to turn the mirroring off without jail breaking my device.

·
68,711 Posts
That is what they tell us, try reading some of the links provided, there may be a way that will work for you in them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts