Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Acronis True Image to create a book disk and back up my h/drive.

However, after I had formatted my h/drive today, and used the boot disk, I was asked for the cd with volume one. I put the 1st disk in and got nowhere, it just asked for the disk labelled vol 1 again.

Can anyone shed any light on this error please?

Due to this experience and having wasted 4 cdrs I am looking at using Ghost instead. Can anyone please advise me on Ghost and its use with xp pro. Is it simple to use?

It took me 3 hours to get all the software (music, photos, software and my daughters games back on the pc).

I would be much obliged for any help.

Regards
Richard

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't used ghost personally, but I heard it works great and is easy to use

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I always recommend that anyone planning on using any program like this for backup to test it fully before trusting it with your data. I've used GHOST in a number of environments, and it's only failed for one SCSI based system I have here, it scrambles the destination disks FAT when writing an image file of the SCSI drive. I've used it in other SCSI equipped machines without issue, so I'm suspecting it's some sort of driver issue that I still don't fully understand.

I downloaded the TrueImage trial and tinkered with it, but it didn't seem to like this system, the installation trashed me, and I had to restore the GHOST backup that I had just made. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.