Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I have a website using a few much needed and important fonts which everyone may not have. I've tried using Microsoft WEFT to embed the fonts but it only messes up the pages for some reason. The images, tables, fonts and everything becomes rearranged and put in wierd places which i did not choose. So I was wondering if there is any way of automatically installing the fonts onto the viewers pc via the webpage and ofcourse I will notify them of this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already tried embedding the fonts i need but it seems to move everything on the page. images, texts, tables... everything is rearranged. I'm not too good with all the html codes and stuff so i ouldnt actually figure out what was causing this. also, when i did try embedding the font actually didnt show up at all. it was there but the colour changed to black and my background being black made the font invisible.

I'm very annoyed at the whole thing. lol:upset:

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I seem to recall a way of doing this, but I haven't seen it in many years. Now I just upload the font to my server and put a link to it, advising the visitor to download the font.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seem to recall a way of doing this, but I haven't seen it in many years. Now I just upload the font to my server and put a link to it, advising the visitor to download the font.
yeah thats what i decided to do.
Thanks guys
:wink:

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
zaine, if you're using a font that isn't licensed for free distribution, be careful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zaine, if you're using a font that isn't licensed for free distribution, be careful.
I'm not too sure if they are. I was able to download them for free so I guess they are.

The fonts:
- Manuscript
- Monotype corsiva
- Imprint MT Shadow

are they cool?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
Monotype Corsiva isn't a freebie as far as I know, but if you got it free, it's probably not the actual Monotype font, just an imitation. In that case, I wouldn't worry about it. If the lawyers come your way, point the finger at the place you got it free from, and it's their problem :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.