Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

i'm trying to make an autoboot cd and need some input please.

i've slipstreamed sp2 with xp pro but i can't get the finished cd to autoboot (so i'm guessing it must be user error - . . . again!?! :sigh: )

your suggestions are gratefully received and appreciated, thank you.

yo

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u-m-m-m!!! . . .

hello dai,

my, that was a quick response!, thank you.

i did burn it as an iso . . . the first time around (i'm sure i did, even the second time around) but figured (guessed) that i must have 'missed' something - or left something out (easily done as i'm just 'following my nose' for this effort and suffer from a lack of in-depth knowledge of exactly - even slightly - what i'm doing . . . i just know what i'm trying to acheive but not too sure how to get there.

i followed your link (thanks) and downloaded the DVDInfoPro v4.623 and will explore what that does for me - will let you know the result.

i assumed (rightly?/wrongly?) that because i had slipstreamed sp2 with an autobootable copy of xp pro the necessary files would automatically be available/included/managed for autobooting the slipstreamed cd.

if there's any other light you can throw on the matter i'd appreciate it.

say hello to sheila for me will ya? thanx.

yo

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
if the original disk is bootable then the slipstreamed one should also be bootable have you another cd/dvd drive you can boot from

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a right result - finally!

dai,

just the one DVD drive i'm afraid - HOWEVER . . .:wave:

as a result of your ISO comment i reckon i've sussed the issue last night - well, this morning actually after spending what seemed like most of the previous day yesterday trying to crack this task.

the slipstreamed files were burned to cd as an iso file (late last year) BUT the cd/dvd software that i had used at that time did not support 'bootable' cd's - but i didn't know that at the time, even tho' it claimed it did.

my route to a solution:-
after some research and surfing i found
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

so downloaded nero 7 trial from:-
http://www.nero.com/enu/Downloads.html
and installed it.

then followed the step-by-step instructions given by helpwithwindows.com

AFTER making sure i had the slipstreamed files to hand and the original OS install disk in the cd/dvd drive (so that the MSC.img was available).

it took a little while to figure out how to drive the nero 7 software and locate the bootable cd option, after that it was downhill all the way (pretty much).

i did have a look at the dvdPROinfo item and then put it to one side as it seemed to cause me to ''fog up'' for some reason.

thanx for your iso nudge, it did the trick for me :pray:

yo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.