Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just recently started to get lots of email in my in box from various sources with "Auto Response" as the beginning of the subject line of emails in my in box. I am so tired of sending them to my spam box that I am about to give up and get a new email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a .doc of a screen shot of my email spam folder . My email is Yahoo through an att account. I am using Firefox browser.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have just recently started to get lots of email in my in box from various sources with "Auto Response" as the beginning of the subject line of emails in my in box. I am so tired of sending them to my spam box that I am about to give up and get a new email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a .doc of a screen shot of my email spam folder . My email is Yahoo through an att account. I am using Firefox browser.

Hi hdog,

First thing you can do before you give up is change your password.
Just give it a try, and lets see the result.

Thanks,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I was in a foul and panicky mood, I did not think about that. I have changed it, and so far, no more auto responses.
Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke too soon. This AM I had 10 more of the same, but from different sources. I have opened a new email account and will eventually discard the old one. Thank you for your help Rio.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I spoke too soon. This AM I had 10 more of the same, but from different sources. I have opened a new email account and will eventually discard the old one. Thank you for your help Rio.

This is likely the result of your email address having been included in a spammer's list. A new address will solve it short term, but eventually you will start to get the same issue. It can be as a result of a careless personal correspondent (or family member) who accidentally shares his/her contacts with a spammer.

My address is decades old and I get about 1 or 2 dozen of these notices daily. Most of them are due to the spammer sending by using (spoofing) your 'FROM' address to inactive or spam protected addresses. It is an unfortunate fact of online life, and one you get used to and just DELETE as they come in. :sad:

A new address can solve it temporarily, but eventually you will likely experience it again. The inconvenience of changing to a new address isn't worth it in my experience.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wizmo, your response makes sense. Changing to a new email account is a fairly monumental task. There are many other on line accounts that I must notify of the new address. Thank you for your insight. At least I will have a little time of "empty" or very few messages in my in box.:dance:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.