Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I'm having a problem with my CDR Drive not automatically opening a program/game/software when you insert the CD. I checked the hardware properties and the Auto Insert Notification is "checked". Is there anything else that I could check to try and fix this problem? Or do I just have a broken CDR Drive. It was working up untill about a week ago, and then just stopped. Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Does everything else work alright? Have you run scandisk and defrag lately?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything else does seem to work OK (other than the normal Windows ME "lock-ups"), and no I haven't run scan disk or defrag lately. I'll give that a try and let you know if it helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran Scan Disk, and no errors were found. So I tried the System Restore function to about two weeks ago, and that did the trick. Now my CDR Drive is working fine. I don't know what was the real problem, but I am happy that it is working again.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
to get to the bottom consider what changes were made in the two weeks...post some ideas so i can help someone else...Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing I can think that may have been the problem was... my son was playing a game that was a copy of the original given to him from his friend. I don't know exactly when we recognized the drive wasn't working properly, but it was sometime after he played that game. Although I'm not sure if it was the problem I threw the disc away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.