Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reduced to a poor gambler in this field of auditing the two operating systems:
1 Am basically very unfamiliar with the auditing
2 I have not done it before
3 It all appears to be very strange
So can anybody familiar with this help me out now giving the basics steps and precautions

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
What is it you are attempting to audit? Are you trying to set up auditing policy or review things that have allready been audited?

Im not sure I understand your question of what it is exactly you would like assistance on, if you could give a little more info. then I could help you out. :cool:

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I have done little auditing but here is what I suggest:

1. Decide on what you want to audit. ie do you want to audit files, directories, or both.

2. After you made the above choice, you can audit when someone accesses, changes, changes permission of, changes attributes of, or takes ownership of a file or folder. There are other things to audit beside the ones I listed.

3. Auditing does use resources on your server. You do not want to do too much auditing because this will eat up alot of resources. Depending upon the size of your infrastructure, it may take awhile to setup an audit policy. Only audit what you need to.

Hope this helps you some. Let us know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
windos nt/2k

Chief it worked only that now i await the next challenge will you be available again when it breaks down good day

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Ya, I'll be here. Come by and visit now and then.

:ball:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.