Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am working with an Acer Aspire, and all has been working reasonably well, but with some difficulty with IE8.

Anyway, about three months, I noticed that my Win sound on "start up" and " close down" disappeared, then I noticed when I went to UTube there was NO AUDIO.

So I went through all the basic steps of trying to find out why this was so.

Audio works on some attachment and media player, but not on Win sound and UTube.

I believe the Adobe Flash Player 10 was the problem. Since losing a lot of hair and going gray, I am still non the wiser. I've unistalled Adobe Flash Player but, it keeps on coming up at me to INSTALL FLASH PLAYER.

Has anyone came across a solution to this problem. It appears that Adobe hasn't an answer for the problem. And also, possibly following all the earlier advice from many forums, I could have also deleted a file I shouldn't have.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player ten-thousand times, and still no Win audio or UTUBE.

Any answers?

PS: I was also thinking about uninstall all of ADOBE system using REVO Uninstaller.

Thanks.:wave:

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,889 Posts
Uninstall any audio drivers/software from Add and Remove programs. Then reboot and reinstall your audio drivers. Your Windows sounds and Flash issues should be separate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uninstall any audio drivers/software from Add and Remove programs. Then reboot and reinstall your audio drivers. Your Windows sounds and Flash issues should be separate.
Gee mate, that is a big task for me, because I gather all my drivers came with the packet deal when I purchased the computer three years ago.

Can you advise me how to uninstall all the audio drivers/software, and how will I be able to reinstall them if I haven't a CD for them/

As I said that media player plays audio, and will this bring back the Win XP sound and You Tube sound?

Thanks for your help.

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,889 Posts
All of the drivers should be available from the Acer website. You likely need to update all of your drivers anyway if you haven't done anything with it since you bought it three years ago. Anyway, verify the drivers are available before taking any action.

The software/drivers may be listed in Add and Remove programs, if so they can be removed from there. Otherwise, you can simply try installing the new drivers over the old ones.

I'm not sure if it will work or not as there isn't a clear indication what is wrong. Wav file playback and flash audio should be separate issues. For the flash issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash player.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of the drivers should be available from the Acer website. You likely need to update all of your drivers anyway if you haven't done anything with it since you bought it three years ago. Anyway, verify the drivers are available before taking any action.

The software/drivers may be listed in Add and Remove programs, if so they can be removed from there. Otherwise, you can simply try installing the new drivers over the old ones.

I'm not sure if it will work or not as there isn't a clear indication what is wrong. Wav file playback and flash audio should be separate issues. For the flash issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash player.
Hi Dogg,

Thanks for that, and will check Acer out and try to download over the old ones. It could work.

Mate, I've uninstalled and donwloaded Flash Player until I was BLUE in the face and still nothing. I have Flash Player removed completely off my computer. I still believe Flash Player is the problem and Adobe knows that. I'm led to believe that there is another problem with their latest download. I believe that Adobe corrupted a file somewhere, because I've always had Windows sound and then it just disappeared, including the audio on You Tube.

Thanks again Dogg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently installed Adobe Flash 10, and right after this update all sounds on my computer stopped playing. The only sound that plays is when I test my audio device, but there is no sound when I play youtube videos, itunes, spotify nor are there any windows start up or shut down sounds.
Did you manage to correct the issues you had on your computer?
Or does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I've tried installing and reinstalling different versions of Adobe Flash, but my problem still persists.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.