Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost, my computer model is a Sony Vaio: VGN-NR498E

The situation: Sitting here listening to music, audio shuts down. I do a quick check to notice that the speaker icon has a red x and says:

"No Audio Output Device is installed."

I check my Device Manager, only to find this error.
For my driver under "sound, video and game controllers, listed as "Realtek High Definition Audio
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

1. I have done a simple restart, multiple times, with no avail.
2. I then disabled and enabled the driver.
3. I uninstalled the driver, restarted, and did a "Scan for Hardware changes" to reinstall.
4. I went to the Realtek site to attempt to find a driver, or to find an updated driver, attempted to install it using the steps they listed. I succeeded, but with similar messages. (Code 39)
5. I went to the Sony site with my model number and found my model's original sound driver to re-install, with no luck.
6. I then scanned for updates for the most recent driver for this, and still nothing.

Would anyone have any recommendations for me to try next? Everything else runs alright, but the error code 39 has not changed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Delete all your driver files after you uninstalled it and then reinstall the driver again.

After you've done done check in Device manager to see if the device is working properly or not.

You say it's just the output that aint working? Meaning your audio inputs are okay?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I deleted the driver files that I found (had to get Unlocker just to do so) and reinstalled them via the OEM ones that were found off the Sony site. I then restarted and updated the software to the best of the computer's knowledge. Still nothing.

I also went and dug out my PnP Logitech microphone, and it's displaying the same message.

Perhaps it's something different?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Go to your BIOS and check that your AC'97 is enabled, this is your audio BIOS driver and determines whether or not your Audio will work.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.