Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stream videos from the internet my audio lags. It starts out fine and then it gets worse and worse. The peoples mouths move before the sound comes out. It gets worse when I pause or skip to the middle of what I'm watching.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean by specs but where do I find them? And I'm always hard lined, never wireless. And what do you mean by "what is your internet connection like?"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium T4500 @ 2.30GHz 41 °C
Penryn 45nm Technology
RAM
3.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1484 (CPU) 49 °C
Graphics
BT156GW01 ([email protected])
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Hard Drives
313GB Seagate ST9320423AS (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW TS-L633N
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi, sorry. What I meant by your internet connection was if you are getting a non constant connection. Speeds aren't constant. Just wondering as, if you are watching streaming media (not files already on your hdd) and your connection is dropping in and out, that may lead to the audio becoming ahead or behind the video. If it was from a file from your hard disk, you could simply sync the audio on the fly with VLC, but as it's streaming media, it must be network related.

Now, are all your drivers up to date, especially the 'Realtek High Definition Audio'.
Can you check by going: Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Manage' and then 'Device Manager' and check that there are no yellow marks.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Couple of things to try. These are just my tests, so other people may ask you for better ones.

You could do a check for packet loss between your router and PC.
Do Windows Key+R and type CMD and hit enter.

(assuming your router address is 192.168.0.1) In the command prompt type 'ping 192.168.0.1 -t' (without the quotes and notice the spaces) and hit enter. Let it run for 6 mins, and then press CTRL+C to stop it. Let us know if there is any loss at all. It should read as 0% loss.

Next do the same, but this time 'ping google.com -t' Let it run for 6 mins and report back any loss if there is any.

Also, can you check that the cables connecting your router to the PC is OK? Try switching it with another one.

How old is the router, and if possible, after doing the above tests, can you try swapping the router with another one. (known working) I understand that being able to borrow one to test may not be possible.

Go to SpeedTest.net and run a speedtest to check that it is waht it should be. Let us know what your ping is as well.

Last way is to contact your ISP and let them know the issue and get them to run a test on your line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know where to find my router address. I'm rly not good at this :/ Lol. But I ran that test and my ping is 35ms and my download speed is .52mbps (does that sound right?) Would a kink in my internet cord cause this? I don't think there is but there might have been.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Your pings are very different? They should be fairly similar on each test (as long as you or anyone else are not downloading at the time) Can you do a couple more.
To find your routers IP address do: Window Key+R and type CMD and hit OK. Then type 'ipconfig /all' and hit enter. The routers address will be the Default Gateway.
Or just use the Speccy program you downloaded earlier and look under the Network tab and it will be the Gateway Server. When you have it, run the '192.168.0.1 t' test from a few posts up and report back
A kink in your cord is fine, just as long as it's not damaged.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.