Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Compaq computer, version F750US, with Vista software (not a technology person, don't know if I'm using the right term). Anyways, there has been a major problem with my computer's sound. A couple of days ago, my audio would be on and off. Like, I would start a video and it would just stop its sound in the middle of it. I would restart the video, and the sound would be playing again, but then the audio stops randomly in a different place. Anyways, later, I discovered the dreaded red X over my speaker, and it said "No Audio Output Device is installed." I spent the next few days exploring every possible solution to this. I went to at least 7 different sources, all saying relatively the same thing.

I went to the device manager to try to fix my sound in one way, where you need to look under "Sound, Video, and Game controllers" section to look for any errors. That entire section was missing. I then tried installing an audio output device (or some audio program), it said that I didn't have the driver to use it, so that method failed. I then tried installing a Realtek driver for it. It seemed to work, but it still had that "on and off" audio thing. And then after I shut off my computer, I lost the audio all over again. I tried attempting to install the same driver again, but this time it didn't work.

I have run into so many dead-ends for my audio. I need a simple download/press a button method to solve it, and I'm not the type of person to go into a computer and entirely reprogram it. Please help me!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.