Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sound output works fine, but no audio input just stopped working at some point for no apparent reason. Error message when using vent reads similar to below, but with language:

"Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use"

I've reinstalled Realtek drivers, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated, please let me know if there's any other additional info that you would need.

HP Pavilion s3568hk.
Base processor: Core 2 Duo E4700 (C) DC 2.6 GHz (65W), 800 MHz front side bus, Socket 775

Chipset: ASUS EAH4550 Series

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: Foxconn
Motherboard Name: Irvine
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Irvine-GL6E

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,889 Posts
Uninstall the drivers using Add and Remove programs and then reboot. After Windows boots, install the latest drivers from HP or Realtek. You may also need to uninstall and reinstall the software that you are trying to use. And Directsound is part of the Microsoft DirectX package. You could reinstall that as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im havwing very similar problem but i have formated my PC and drivers keep failing i Removed them and reinstall latets one and installed fine apprenlty... but still NO mic im useing USB mic and NO reason why my RT HD card should just stoped working it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.