Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
i recently upgraded my comp, i upgraded everything exept the processor as it was ok, not good but ok. So here's my problem, on my old comp my microphone would work fine. However now when i have it on barely any of my voice can be heard and there is this buzzing/electrical hum. i thought it was my mic so i got a new head set as i wanted one anyway, this did not sort out the problem. i was told to put the mic boost on that was what increased the hum. so i turned it off but the hum was still there quietly and none of my voice could be heard. i did find out that if i put my hand on the side of the case then the buzzing would go alot quieter, and when i put my hand around the mic end the buzzing would go. When having my hand on the side of the case its still strange that my mic has to be, well touching my lips for it to pick me up. i'm thinking that its a grounding problem and i've been reading about plastic washers, but other people i know dont have them. I'm thinking that maby getting a cheap sound card will sort it out. It is really annoying so if anyone can help i would be gratefull

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't seem to ediit this a second time, but i have another thing to ask, which is how do i ground my computer using a copper wire insulated in plastic and a radiator. i've attatched one end to the ratiater where i scratched a bit of paint off, but i've no idea where to attatch the other end to the comp, i tried the case, inside anywhere even stupidly (accidently made a spark, comp crashed but is fine after restarting) to the motherboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.