Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I tried updating my sound card drivers because I've been having some troubles with a game. My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS. So I went to the control panel and add/remove programs and uninstalled the sound card. Then I restarted and installed the new drivers, but I got no sound. So after going through the recommended procedure for completely uninstalling the drivers found on the creative site and then reinstalling, I still get no sound. So now I've uninstalled the card (i believe i have) and removed it, enabled onboard audio from my BIOS and installed those audio drivers yet I still have no sound.

The funny thing is that in the device manager it shows the AC'97 Audio as being installed an enabled, but if I go to "sounds and audio devices" in the control panel, it says that I have no playback devices.

Also, I'm using XP home edition. Anybody know how to fix this? And if you need more info just ask.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
the sound drivers are only part of the setup in audigy,disable the onboard and run the setup disk for audigy again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.