Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio bar moves BUT no sound?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hi hi 
#1 ·
hi, when I plug a microphone into the mic port I hear no sound yet the audio bars all move whether that be in sound recorder or in audio creation mode (in creative console launcher).

The strange thing is, when I run the "Test Hardware" in sounds and audio devices the first test (microphone test) as usual, picks up the signal but no sound, but the second test (speaker test) picks up the signal and i can hear my voice???

(please note I have checked and double checked that no mute setting is on, also I have tried with both a souncard and onboard soundcard to no avail...?)

If anyone has any knowledge of this problem, even a little niggle, please reply :pray: thanks.

#5 ·
hi i have a x-fi xtreme gamer card. please note this card was working for the last two years and still is. I can use it for every application which requires sound.
I have disabled this card to enable the onboard sound to try and record...... same result.

Basically If i use the sound recorder and record something the sound wave/bar will move but no sound will simultaneously play. Only after when i've finished recording and press play will i hear my recording.? thats my problem......

could it be a file? or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.