Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently installed an audigy 2 zs into my matx system on an abit-is10 to replace the onboard realtak sound ; after installing drivers i got online and placing card in the pci slot i attempted to attach my 5.1 sound. The only prob was that the only sound output i got was an incredibly loud fuziness and a very quiet output of actual sound. I thought this might be a problem of overlapping sound and that my existing realtak might be giving an output still but it has now stopped. It may be a stupid noob question but what the hell do i do now!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ bouloux29
Have you disabled your onboard Realtek sound from within your BIOS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope still same prob

I did as you directed; but is supect that by uninstalling the device in my devices i probably got rid of the overlap problems that could have been responsible. As you may know there are various outputs on the audigy; the onloy one that gets a scrambled output; ie very quiet and surrounded by loud static is the digital output; could this have something to do with the speakers i have zxr-550 videologic speakers. I had heard of people with similair probs but they seemed to get them resolved since they didnt follow their posts up; please cud ne1 help

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the original Audigy (not Audigy 2) so sorry if this doesn't help you much.

Control Panel > Audio HQ > Speaker

There should be an option for "Digital Output Only". You might have that enabled when it shouldn't be, or visa versa.

I don't have a digital output, but my Audigy set that option on when I hooked up my 5.1 speakers. Unticking the box was enough to get it working for me.

If that still doesn't work (or even if it does), it might be worth updating your drivers. You can go to http://www.creative.com/support/ and click on "Software AutoUpdate", and it should do the hard stuff for you.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.