Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this fault with customers machines twice in the last week. When they try to delete a jpeg it doesn't delete it, but instead makes a copy of the file in the same folder, and labels it "Copy of blah.jpeg" etc. Continued attempts will result in the numbers (2), (3), (4) etc being added to the filename as it make several copies.
Can I get some help as to what causes this and how I can rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Have you personally witnessed this? Are they actually clicking the "Delete" button when they right-click a file, because you can duplicate the copy behavior by attempting to drag a file with the right mouse button and then releasing it in the same directory or the desktop.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't have the solution, really, but are they trying to select more than one file at a time (using like ctrl/shift)? I know sometimes when I try and do that, I get the copies immediatly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Resolution said:
Have you personally witnessed this? Are they actually clicking the "Delete" button when they right-click a file, because you can duplicate the copy behavior by attempting to drag a file with the right mouse button and then releasing it in the same directory or the desktop.
No, I haven't witnessed it. The first machine I had in, it didn't do it for me and I deleted the files no problems.

Thanks for the insight, you might be on to something there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.