Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks!

Okay - this is probably a silly question, but since I haven't figured it out yet, I thought I would pose it here:

I am running Ubuntu v10.04 and have mounted (and bookmarked) the data drive from my Windows boxes. The folder shows up on my Ubuntu desktop and I can access those files just fine. However, if I want to attach a file to an e-mail (I use Firefox/g-mail) the mounted drive is nowhere in the "Places" that I can browse to. So far, my only workaround is to copy the desired file from the mounted drive to one of the "Places" I am allowed to browse to. Ideally I would be able to browse to my mounted disk, but so far that action eludes me. I was hoping that someone here would have a solution for me.

BTW, I love my Ubuntu box and use it more than either of the Windows PCs now and am happy to continue to learn how to use this OS. I installed the FOG image server on it and was able to get DHCP working on it as well. I now have images of all of my computers in the event that one of them decides to crash.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.