Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks!

Okay - this is probably a silly question, but since I haven't figured it out yet, I thought I would pose it here:

I am running Ubuntu v10.04 and have mounted (and bookmarked) the data drive from my Windows boxes. The folder shows up on my Ubuntu desktop and I can access those files just fine. However, if I want to attach a file to an e-mail (I use Firefox/g-mail) the mounted drive is nowhere in the "Places" that I can browse to. So far, my only workaround is to copy the desired file from the mounted drive to one of the "Places" I am allowed to browse to. Ideally I would be able to browse to my mounted disk, but so far that action eludes me. I was hoping that someone here would have a solution for me.

BTW, I love my Ubuntu box and use it more than either of the Windows PCs now and am happy to continue to learn how to use this OS. I installed the FOG image server on it and was able to get DHCP working on it as well. I now have images of all of my computers in the event that one of them decides to crash.

Thanks!

·
Alternative Computing, Moderator
2,754 Posts
Well its quite easy:
In firefox click the attach button as you would in windows, the difference is the file structure.

First Click, Home,
then Username (name you use in linux)
then Desktop
then you should see your mounted folder.
From there click on the file to attach it.

"Places" is just a list of bookmarks from Nautilus file manager.

When you click Places, Home, Nautilus starts and from there click any directory, think of / as being C: drive as an analogy, hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.