Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/11/atkinson-to-appeal-modern-warfare-2-ma15-classification/

Well it seems the good man Atkinson has enhanced his level of stupidity to truly-off-the-charts. I really do find it amazing how much he rubbishes the Classification Board in public.

Not that I care about the actual game, as I most certainly won't be getting it. But the whole attitude behind this rubbish that he continuously forces on the gaming community is what I really find troubling. I honestly can't see him being Attorney General for much longer.

Does everybody else hate Atkinson as much as I do?

· TSF Team Emeritus
3,464 Posts
I was just reading this on Kotaku. Couldn't stop laughing at the amount of times he contradicts himself.

He keeps banging on about how these MA15+ games shouldn't be MA15+ but he won't allow them to implement an R18+ rating to classify them under. Then he goes on to blame the classification board. Yeah, I agree that they aren't very consistent with the ratings, but if they actually had the R18+ rating to put things in they wouldn't be having this problem. It would be a hard decision to either outright ban a game or allow a 15 year old to play it - there's no middle ground.

What's next Atkinson? Are you going to remove the MA15+ rating so all we have is G and PG13+?

· Registered
441 Posts
I haven't really followed this much as I don't live in Australia, but I don't see why he is doing all of this.

Is it because he hates games? Maybe someone could give some info about this. But I feel your pain, I would hate it if I was restricted from buying a game the way developers made it.

But has this man seen any movies lately? I do not know the ratings on movies there, but almost ALL horror movies are worse than MW2's airport scene, I mean have any of you see SAW? Its about trapping people and torturing them to death? ***?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.