Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time on this place, i cant get anything from NVIDIA's support so ive come here hoping for someone to help

I recently got Modern Warfare 2 on the PC and i've been wanting to play it but everytime i do i can play roughly one match before the game freezes out on me then the error message saying that the atkdisp display driver stopped working. I have already tried disabling the ASUS OSD and Splendid, uninstalling and installing the latest and even upgrading the power supply two times. the only games i can really play anymore are ones that run on DOSBox, Stepmania and Garry's Mod if it's windowed but every other game, like Crysis, CoD 4 and the like dont work because the same error.

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres the info on my PC

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Memory: 3,328 MB
Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD4P (Sound is on the motherboard)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
Power Supply: 850W Zalman ZM850-HP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, ive removed the other windows, was a bit confusing but its gone now, i went back and removed the driver and done it all over again, if it does crash out and stuff ill upload the information again. I have been reading some other things on the net, other have said that the GTX 275 isnt that great so i might reconsider and just upgraded to the GTX 295

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing has changed, except i was able to play 3 matches of Modern Warfare 2 before it died out, it still has the same error though, im still waiting on a reply from Gigabyte and see what they have to say but im not holding my breath

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.