Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reformatted my HD, reinstalled windows and updated windows and installed most of my hardware drivers.

Got to my video driver installation.
When the windows automatic plug and play tries to install the driver, it says new hardware detected, then identifies it correctly as x800xt pe. Then it states that the new hardware was not installed and gives the error:

"The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread request or an aplication."

When I try to install downloaded drivers, or my catalyst drivers from a CD, it always hangs on the copying files window, then comes back with an error that says try installing a standard VGA adapter driver before installing the catalyst driver.

I've tried installing the drivers in every way I can think of, from device manager updates to downloaded driver updaters, to the original CD.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

AMD Athlon 64 2800+
DDR pc3500 1Gig Ram
MSI k8t MOBO (Already updated chipset and mobo drivers)
Dual Seagate SATA 80GB Raid - 0
ATI x800 xt
SB Audigy 2 7.1 zs rt (Drivers installed and working)
Windows XP, SP2 installed, and fully updated.
ATX AL-b500e 500w Power supply
Viewsonic P95F Monitor (Drivers also installed and working.)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
There's a few things you could try including: booting in VGA mode (instructions here), running the ATI Uninstall Utility to thoroughly uninstall any partially installed ATI drivers, going into the device manager and uninstall and current display drivers.

Approach #1: Boot in VGA mode and try to install from there.

Approach #2: Run ATI uninstaller utility and then boot in VGA mode and install from there.

Approach #3 Run ATI uninstaller, go into device manager and uninstall any display driver, boot in VGA mode and install from there.

You can try the same things above except not in VGA mode but be sure to "Cancel" out of any "Found New Hardware" window which shows up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try a different driver

Try the Omega Drivers for ATI Cards. I've had similar problems with the ATI Drivers and my AGP X800XT PE

Here's the link

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Plus you will not have to have the .net framwork installed on your computer to use these unlike ATI's official drivers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Camzl1 said:
Try the Omega Drivers for ATI Cards. I've had similar problems with the ATI Drivers and my AGP X800XT PE

Here's the link

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Plus you will not have to have the .net framwork installed on your computer to use these unlike ATI's official drivers.
you only need .NET to install CCC, or the whole catalyst package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.