1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I started my computer today and got a black screen with white text stating:
X300 SE 128MB P/N 113-a33406-100

And nothing else. That happens to be my graphics card, the one that came with my Dell when I bought it in May 2005. The question I have is this: is it dead? Is my computer telling me that it can't start because of that card? I've never had any problems with it before--in fact I was instancing in WoW last night before I went to bed. I'm assuming that since the card and computer are both so old that my card probably crapped out, but I'd like some confirmation before I go out searching for a new card.

As stated in the subject, it's a Dell Dimension 4700. I haven't done any changes to it except for:
-Adding a wireless card
-Adding a CD burner
-Adding RAM
-Possibly replacing the power supply (can't remember if I actually did or not)

I cannot get into windows at all--I can't even get into the startup screen. Occasionally when I start the computer it will show the Windows screen with the flag, and the little bar that says it's loading, but it freezes automatically, giving me no options like the bios or setup or anything.

Also, I tried taking out the card, cleaning out the inside of the computer, and reseating the card, and it hasn't made a different either positive or negative. Please help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.