Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just bought a sweet new alienware and it came with dual ATI Radeon HD 5670. I was wondering if my pc was actually using both? Because when I open up the Catalyst Control it says I'm using one. I mean don't me wrong, it Delivers! Is there a setting somewhere to use both? Or is the second card only for use with another monitor? Please help my noobish ways :4-dontkno... Thank you in advance for your help. :pray:

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Are you sure it actually has dual 5670's or just a single 5670 with dual outputs?

And this is a side comment , but I don't think I can possibly express how important it is that you return that alienware pc before it ruins your life.

I've never in my life seen or heard of one owner of an alienware pc that actually liked it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/alienware-547848.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dual ATI Radeon HD 5670, 1GB GDDR5 is what it says on the order. I have heard plenty of times that building your own pc is much more cost effective, but I get a huge discount through work and don't have the time, patience, or brain power to make my own lol. On the back of the pc there is two video cards and both having the same output options like vga and hdmi.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Well then there is two and you just have to make sure crossfire is enabled in the display settings.

It's not that even building is cheaper , but I would sooner buy an emachine over alienware , and emachine is about as bad as it gets. The problem is that you basically overpaid for a machine that isn't very fast and won't last long even as far as prebuilt machines are concerned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I can see where your coming from, Alienware lures people in with the pretty lights and fancy boxing lol I'm going to check those crossfire out.

·
Registered
712 Posts
lol I got an Asus Essention CM1630
Dual core AMD Athlon II x2 220 processor
1TB Hard drive
4Gb RAM(upgradeable to a rediculous 16)
it was $500
Upgraded the PSU to this one

Newegg.com - SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

and my video card upgraded to'

Newegg.com - PowerColor AX5670 1GBD5-HV2 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

and finally I'm going to upgrade the processor to a Phenom II x4 820

link>Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 820 Deneb 2.8GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 4MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX820WFK4FGI - Processors - Desktops

so, for less than $1000
I have a computer that runs the games I like to play and it runs them very good.

Alienware=/barf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.