Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, ive done this before and it worked everytime.. i have windows server 2003 and i can usually install the ATI Radeon 9200 driver quite easily and it simply works. This time its different, everything is apparently working but my display memory is on a big fat "0". i have reinstalled and reinstalled and unistalled and unistalled so much its driving me crazy. Any ideas on why this isnt working this time? thanks alot

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
erm well i'm not exactly a hardware person (more software) so i cant really give good details.. All i know really is that the graphics card is only recommended for Win9x/NT/2000/XP. i have windows server 2003. Would this differ how i should install the driver or anything?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ birdieserver
I am not sure I understand your problem. You say that everything is working, but your 'display memory is on a big fat zero'? So there are no other problems with your video performance? Where are you seeing the statistic for 'display memory'?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ok sorry for the briefness, well i can visually see that the or a display driver is working mainly because there is no jaulting of the screen when i scroll down a page; blending on images is not too bad to what i can see. I cannot be sure because i am getting these results from an information program which helps me see why my game is not working (battlefield 2). It only gives brief answers like..
Code:
yours is 0      -      should be atleast 128 so i'll put a cross on this bit

ps. the answers shouldn't be faulty because 1) the game doesnt work lol 2) the program is on a licensed CD

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You might try going in to control panel, system, hardware, device manager, display adaptor and right click on the video card go to properties and update drivers. It will ask if you want to auto detect the drivers or Look in a specified location, you have it look in the directory where you have the downloaded drivers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, the driver is installed.. i can see the radeon 9200 and the secondary drivers are functioning on the device manager

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Your other option:
Ok you might try this, With your MOB disk handy.
Go into Control panel, system, hardware, device manager under Display Adaptor right click on thw video card and disable it. Close out and restart your system when it finds new hardware have it look on the MOB disk for the drivers. This will revert back to the original drivers.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
MOB disc = motherboard disc.
Your ATI 9200 may have its own disc, so use that. you might want to check out this concerning installing ATI video drivers as it can be tricky. There may also be a few nuggets of info in that guide if you care to read further.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, i dont see this happening at all for me lol. would anyone be interested in 1gb http/php/asp/ftp web hosting for a quick fix on this server? i would be very thankful if someone didnt might remote desktop'ing into my server to fix this problem; for this i will give that person free web hosting. anyone interested? thanks alot

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I do my own hosting. It may just be that you're running the wrong drivers. As I recall, Windows 2003 is a 64-bit OS, thus requiring 64-bit drivers. I'm pretty sure ATi has them, but only in beta stage so you can't quite expect perfection.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ birdieserver
I searched all over the ATI website and found nothing for Windows Server 2003. If it is a 64-bit OS, then the WinXP Pro-64bit drivers listed are for only Radeon 9500 and above :sad: . So I am not sure what you have running that worked before and why it is not working for you now. Maybe you can drop ATI a line andsee what drivers they recommend.
All I can offer is to do the install per previously linked instructions of full uninstall first and registry scrub and delete all temp files that contain previous drivers and try a reinstall.
Can you try a different card in your system to see if the 9200 is bad?

Please keep us posted of any progress you make

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the advice everyone, i'll try to keep you posted. but now for some strange reason, i have a memory failure everytime i start windows server. i'm currently in safe mode, lol. so i'll have to reboot the server or maybe use a more reliable OS. i would use xp to stop the problems but i havent got a disc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.