Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ATI Radeon 7000 Question

Hi, I just bought a ATI Radeon 7000 PCI video card. I have an HP computer that has onboard video, today i put the video card in and turned on the computer and it would not boot in to Windows XP. So i took it out and went to HP's website and followed these instruction on how to install a video card in my HP 7850 : Here is the link I followed all those directions and i put the card back in and it still does the same thing. Please help, i would really like to install it because i need a video card and my onboard video isnt cutting it.
Thanks

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Thats what you get when you bought the HP computer, They rip people off just like every computer company. No AGP port can I ask you some thing how much did you pay for this HP computer But there should be a jumper on your motherboard that turns off your onboard video then your motherboard can see the new video card. I hope this helps any, I will try to fine the location of the jumper for you.......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont get any kind of "beeps" coming from the computer at all. All it does is just lock up on the boot screen when your first turn it on. I also heard that there might be a jumper on the motherboard, but i dont know where to look.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
I just got done, saying there is a jumper on the motherboard.
What type of motherboard do you have? And I can tell you where
it is.........

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Asus what? I mean what type of model, and I doubt HP would have a realy good company motherboard in there computers. If you can look in side your computer see if you can find what modal
it is. And I would be more then happy to help you out.........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked on the motherboard and it says CUW-AM rev. 1.02 so i presume that it is a asus. Here is the link for the specs on my pc if you want to look at them Click here it also says that it is a asus motherboard

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
I found out, that your motherboard is jumper less meaning no jumpers. So you might have to change it in your BIOS but im not
sure yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That motherboard that you found on HP's website says it supports celeron processors, mine has a pentium 3 933Mhz, but i guess it dosent matter since they are both socket 370. I looked all over for jumpers last night and i cant find any. I have been in to the BIOS, and there is no option to turn the onboard video off. It has a phoenix BIOS in it... i knew i should of built my own computer:upset:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same card and a 7920 hp. I'm running into same problem. Also have a phoenix bios. Any help would be useful. Thanks in advance.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Sorry I can't fine any thing, if I was you. I would send e-mail to
asus, and tell them your problem. And do the same thing with ATI
im sorry that I can't fine any thing...........

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: ATI Radeon 7000 Question

ThEgReAtOnE said:
Hi, I just bought a ATI Radeon 7000 PCI video card. I have an HP computer that has onboard video, today i put the video card in and turned on the computer and it would not boot in to Windows XP. So i took it out and went to HP's website and followed these instruction on how to install a video card in my HP 7850 : Here is the link I followed all those directions and i put the card back in and it still does the same thing. Please help, i would really like to install it because i need a video card and my onboard video isn't cutting it.
Thanks
You can also try moving the video card to another PCI slot.

Try this,

Pull the card out, boot the pc, goto the device manager, find the on board display device, disable it, power down, put new card in, power on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive tried that... i took out my network card and modem and put the card in their spots and it still did the same thing. I also uninstalled the Intel 810 graphics and that didnt work, then i disabled it in the device manager and that still didnt work..so i dunno:upset:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.