Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some serious help here before the warranty runs out...

I own a ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder graphics card. Everything else on the card works OK except the TV tuner. Faults are as follows...

The image quality on some channels is bad... really bad. One only needs to touch the antenna cable and the image almost dissapears. The sound is also very bad on some channels...

Now, the card in itself cannot be faulty, because I've tried three different ones, and they all have the same problem. Therefore I assume that it must be some kind of other problem. However I also own a couple of older TV tuner cards (one from ATI also) and they do not seem to have anything wrong with the picture, therefore it shouldn't be the transmission...

I have tried it on Windows 98/Me/Xp but all have the same problem, therefore probably not a driver issue... I have also tried using several antenna amplifiers and on some the picture quality seemed to improve, but not enough...

Any ideas...?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Well it could be the TUNER hardware attatched to the card itself.
It might be not sensitive enough, or to weak to process the signals proper. In that case, there isn't much you yourself could do. Its more a problem with their product.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
If you have tried other cards and they have a better picture, then its most likley the model you have. This would prove true also if you know for sure that the line strength in your cable is of good quality, and not split up anywhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I believe also... but it seems strange that someone else I know that has the same card, doesn't have any problems with it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I have the lastest driver. In fact I think I have tried it with just about every driver available...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, I don't think that could be the problem because I have tested it with two different types of motherboard (Matsonic and Elitegroup)...

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Ok, let me see if I can figure this out.

ATI All in wonder: two computers (with different motheboards and chipsets) and three cards fuzzy picture bad sound. Updated drivers, tried new TV cables.

Other ATI cards: both computers works fine.

Correct?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.